Monday, September 1, 2008

On Screen


Question answering time! Want to know what type of knife is used in the opening of the TV show Dexter? In the season one opening, Dexter is fixing breakfast and he uses a knife to cut up various things, but the one we get the best view of is one he's slicing an orange with. It's a tomato knife, shockingly enough. Unfortunately, my TV isn't good enough for me to make out what the two itty-bitty lines of text on the back of the blade say, even when I pause the DVD.

So I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell you what it isn't. If you watch closely, you can see that the knife has a substantial bolster, and that the metal continues unusually far back into the handle. This leads me to suspect that the knife has an all-metal handle. Wustof's Culinar line is all-metal, but the knife has a subtly different shape and no writing on the reverse.

Anybody with a better TV than me know what it says?


If anyone is interested in hearing about knifes in other TV shows/movies, drop me a line. Or better yet, mail me the movie at the Cutlery.
(What? It could happen.)

No comments: